Free Hearing Aid for Pensioners
Natural Hearing is accredited to provide free hearing services including free or subsidised hearing aids to eligible pensioners and veterans (DVA) funded by the Australian Government Hearing Services Program. Being an independent service provider Natural Hearing offers free hearing aids for pensioners in Healesville, Victoria, Queensland and surrounding areas from wide range of manufacturers. Hearing aids are individually tailored to suit their need and lifestyle.
Who is Eligible?
If you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are:
- A Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
- The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- A dependant of a person in one of the above categories
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
- An Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander who is over 50 years, or a participant in a Community Development Employment Projects/ Program.
Our Services For Eligible Clients
Natural Hearing is accredited to provide the following hearing services to eligible persons:
- Free Hearing Assessment to identify the type and degree of hearing loss and its impact on communication ability.
- Free Hearing Aids for pensioners in Healesville and other devices to assist and improve communication and hearing ability.
- Comprehensive Audiology Report including interpretation of results and recommendations forwarded to the patient’s Medical Practitioner.
- An Auditory Rehabilitation Program to help maximise communication potential for the client.
- Hearing aid Maintenance and Batteries supplied.
How To Apply For A Hearing Services Voucher
Then take the following steps:
- A Medical Practitioner must sign and complete the ‘Referral Details’ section of the Application Form in Part B.
- Either Post or bring the completed Application Form to Natural Hearing.
- The office staff will apply for the program online via Office of Hearing Services (OHS) portal and a paper voucher will be generated.
- Natural Hearing Audiology team members will assess hearing comprehensively and auditory rehabilitation program will be discussed.